Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Austin in the Mornings

I love the way Austin wakes up in the morning. He will sit or lay there and make noises in different pitches or try to talk. And then when I walk in, he’ll sit up with a huge smile on his face and then crash into his mattress and lay down with his blanket or get into his stink bug position. He won’t let me take him out for a few minutes. Or like today, I can leave and he just likes to lay there for a long time, which is why I'm able to do this right now. Sometimes he’ll even stand up as if he wants me to get him and then he’ll run to the back of the crib or lay down so I can’t. When he's finally ready to get out, we like to just snuggle on the couch for another few minutes and make noises together, sing, or just look around. And then he’s ready for the day. And I am much more ready too because it’s such a great start to my mornings. Love it!

4 comments:

Arianne said...

Great to see an update from you guys! I can't believe you're going to be a mother of 2 in just a few weeks! And Austin is just adorable! What a fun time in your life! I'm glad all is well.

Trina said...

Cute. My oldest daughter is a lot like that. She can lay there as happy as can be for a long time, after waking up.

I totally didn't know you were expecting. Congrats! I think you may be due 2 or 3 days before me. Do you know what you're having? We're having our third girl. Poor Scott is going to be seriously outnumbered!

Justin and Annette Mauler said...

Oh that is so sweet. I remember when Coltin acted in a very similar way. I can't believe how busy my mornings are now. :) BTW Austin is so cute! I love his smiles. Love you guys

KaraLynne and Andy said...

What a cute family you have Landon! Melissa, I am one of Landon's friends from the old Parker Ward he grew up in. I stumbled on your blog and I hope you dont mind me following it. Landon is a good guy and Im excited to see he has a great family for himself now. :)