Sunday, June 8, 2008

I Don't Know If I Can Handle This Travesty!!!

For those of you who know me well, you know that I am very fond of ice cream. It isn't the most healthy item in the world but it tastes great, is refreshing, and makes any bad day better. I try not to get riled up easily, I really do. Gas prices go up, oh well--deal with it. Milk gets more expensive, I can get over it. Energy prices go through the roof, bummer but life goes on. Even ice cream getting more expensive, I can handle that. But since arriving in Tucson, I have discovered that not only has ice cream gotten more expensive, but they are shrinking the size of the ice cream containers and this crosses the line. Almost every ice cream here is either 1.5 or 1.75 quarts, with only a very rare couple brands that still are true 1/2 gallon (2 quart) containers. I'm not sure if this is just a Tucson thing (as people here are very health-conscious) but the idea of getting less ice cream is hard for me to handle--you can't get too much of a good thing (and ice cream is a GREAT thing!!!). Anyways, Melissa thought I should share my feelings with the world so I did and I'm sorry you had to read this. :) I will get over this (hopefully), but am still astounded by this latest crisis.

7 comments:

Jeff said...

It is all part of the democrats plan to make people unhappy, and want "change." Blame the liberals.

You guys are amazing.

angela said...

i knew i wasn't the only one that noticed it... i make it a point to check that what i'm buying is the actual 2 qt. size, and if it's less, it had better cost less too! life isn't always fair, eh?

~Bekahjo said...

This is the first time I've been on your blog, and I love it. Congrats on the upcoming baby! That's so exciting! Ssa, you look amazing!

David Mauler said...

landon, well...never mind ;)

Michal Thompson said...

Melissa, This is crazy- this is Michal King. So Nellie just found me, and I was looking at her brother's blog and then there you were!! I had no idea you and Landon were married!!! I haven't talked to you since HS. How are things goin? SO many things to say and so little space!

stacey said...

I remember reading a newspaper article about this a few years ago, they were thinking about doing it then. I am still astounded. Luckily you are smart enough to notice the change, Landon, because I'd bet that a lot of people wouldn't even pay attention to it. Hope you guys are doing great!

Becky said...

I agree with ice cream--it's a wonderful thing--but I am not supposed to eat a lot because it is high in sugar (and calcium!) The containers here are 1.75 quarts as well, so I think it is just a way to get less for the same price--they hope you won't notice. I have read/heard they are doing the same thing with cereal--same price, smaller boxes.